Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Very Last Chapter

Today, as a family, we read the very last chapter of the Book of Mormon.

Moroni chapter 10.

The chapter that contains the promise for the entire Book of Mormon.

The promise, that in reading the book, that we will remember how merciful the Lord has been to us - from the time Adam Fall, to the great and infinite sacrifice, to the Resurrection, to the Restoration, until THIS very day - that we can and should ponder these things in our hearts.

And after so doing, we are invited to ask God - in the name of Christ - if these things are not true.

And if we ask - with a sincere  heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ - He WILL manifest the truth of it unto us, by the POWER of the Holy Ghost.

And just as a reminder, Moroni adds, that it is by the POWER of the Holy Ghost that we may know the truth of all things.

Is that NOT amazing?

I still remember the very first time I finished reading the Book of Mormon - all by myself.

I was 13.

I was given the challenge by my father.

And because getting a challenge does something to my adrenaline, I took it upon myself to show him that I could do it!

Little did I know that his invitation would change my life forever.

The night I finished reading Moroni 10, I went outside for some fresh air.

It was raining.

For me, the rain was a symbol of Living Water.

And that rain would not have meant anything to me if I had not accepted the challenge to read the Book of Mormon.

And this morning, as we finished reading Moroni's final words, my mind went back to that rainy night when my heart was filled with the Holy Ghost, telling me that these things ARE true!

No comments:

Post a Comment