Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Magic Wand

A few weeks ago my kindergartener presented me with a magic wand he created out of a tongue depressor and construction paper.

He told me I could use it anytime I wanted.

A few days following, my five year old daughter found it. After examining it for a few moments she asked me what it was.

“Oh,” I replied, “it’s a magic wand your brother made for me.”

One could only imagine her glee as she danced around pointing to things saying “Abracadabra.”

After a few minutes of twirling and pretending, she pointed the magic wand at her younger brother and in a very commanding, matter-of-fact voice said “I want you to repent!”

"No! I don't want to!" he declared, and he ran far away from her and found a hiding place.

Which makes it even more clear that repentance can only come from within.  No one can make anyone repent any more than a magic wand can.

1 comment: