Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

I'm Not Born Yet

Today my youngest son, age four, shouted to me from another room.

"Mom! Mom, come here!"  He sounded frantic.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Mom, I haven't been born!"

"Of course you have been born!" I replied, noticing his face filled with extreme concern.

"No, Mom. Look, I haven't!"

He showed me what he had found when he opened the filing cabinet: folders with all the names of his brothers and his sister, but not his.

"See, Mom.  Everyone is there but me.  I guess I haven't been born, yet!"

Darn it!  Looks like I need to go get a copy of his birth certificate (instead of waiting for him to start kindergarten) so I can make him a folder with his own name.

Because he has been born!  REALLY!

1 comment:

  1. sometimes the things kids notice and comment on are so amazing! makes me wonder about all the ideas they get in their heads that i DON'T hear about. i look forward to meeting your sweet family ♥

    ReplyDelete