Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bright Star in the East

I am not good at watching the stars, which means I don't know much about constellations.

In fact, because of my son's homework, I just learned that the moon RISES in the East and sets in the West.  Can you believe I didn't know that?!

But the last few days I have noticed a big, bright star in the East.

And I found out that it isn't a star, but really is the planet Jupiter and it's the closest it's been to earth since 1963!!

CLICK HERE to read more about it  . . . right after you run outside to see it!

1 comment:

  1. My husband, daughters, and I were out on the front porch looking through the binoculars a few nights ago at this amazing sight. To think Jupiter is closer to us than it has been for that many years is amazing. I love this picture you posted. It is a wonder to me that He gives us so many opportunities to remember Him and feel Him near.

    ReplyDelete