Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Faith and Miracles in Jesus Christ

So the other night, as I was studying Preach My Gospel (p. 116), I wrote down some of the results that can happen as I have faith in Christ. Here are ten things I found:

When I have faith in Christ . . .
1. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God
2. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior and Redeemer
3. I follow His teachings
4. I believe my sins can be forgiven through His atonement
5. I am confident that He loves me
6. I trust in the Lord enough to follow His commandments
7. I accomplish what the Lord wants me to accomplish
8. I help bring about good
9. I am able to do miracles according to the Lord’s will
10. My faith will be made manifest through my diligence and work

What jumped out at me was point #9: “I am able to do miracles according to His will.”

MIRACLES! Me! Me doing miracles!?

Most times I go to bed thinking, “What in tarnation did I even accomplish today?” Now, I go and read that I am able to do miracles according to His will. I’m either a little too complacent in my quest to increase my faith OR I am blind to what miracles I am actually doing.

Which brought the story of Namaan to mind. He was the Syrian noble who was cured of leprosy by the prophet Elisha. A miracle happened to Namaan as when he bathed in the Jordan seven times.

But who did the miracle?

The little Hebrew maid because she suggested for Namaan to visit with Elisha?

The prophet Elisha, because he told Namaan to bathe in the dirty water?

Namaan’s servants who told him, “Dude, what’s the big deal about dipping yourself in dirty water if it makes you better? Isn’t that what you wanted?”

I believe each one of them took part in doing a miracle according to the Lord’s will. Each one of them played an important, crucial part! And even though they may not have seen the miracle take place, they were all part of the miracle that happened.

Which means I - even though I may never see the results – I can do miracles according to God’s will. I just need to be the instrument.

I need to be the one willing to suggest.

The one willing to say “Dude!”

The one willing to be obedient and have faith.

The one willing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment