Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Book of Mormon Reading: Mosiah 24-28

Do I give enough credit to God?

I mean, not just in the good times. Not just in times of prosperity. Not just in times of victory or celebration or deliverance.

But in those times when life seems bleak, dark, heavy, unfamiliar, or just plain hard.

Father Alma seemed to know how to give credit to God when his Alma-son (think Karate Kid) is being brought to him on a stretcher, helpless, paralyzed and in a coma, after having seen an angel during an earthquake.

What does Alma-son's father do? "His father rejoiced, for he knew that it was the power of God."

Do I see God's power in all things?

Do I see His power in the things that, for right now, to me, seem so paralyzing, so hopeless, surrounded by allegorical earthquakes?

Father Alma seemed to think so.

President Nelson seems to think so.

That's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment