Pages

Friday, November 2, 2018

Book of Mormon Reading: Mosiah 18-22

Sometimes I feel like Limhi, stuck in a bad, even hopeless situation because of my own doing.

And, like Limhi, I try so desperately to get out of the situation by doing the same things, using the same techniques over and over again. But, to no avail.

Not only do I not get ahead, I get pushed back. And that is so disheartening.

Frustrating.

Discouraging.

I am sure the Lord often shakes His head at my lame attempts.

"Try again," He surely must whisper. "Try again and ask for My help."

And I am learning that it sometimes takes a lot of digging for me to get down to the depths of humility necessary to call on Him for help.

And sometimes, He is slow (slower than I think He ought to be, at least) to hear my petition. But I know, I have always known, that He has heard and does hear my cries.

Always.

He hears my pleas.

He understands my heartfelt petitions.

Because when I take the time to be still--you know, the "be still" part so I can know that He is God?-- That's when I begin to recognize who He is and the power He has.

I am able to see the softening. The easing. The delivering.

I am able to feel of His love. His light. His way.

And whether it is after one week of pleading or 30 years of waiting and waiting and being still, I can add my witness to those who also know: God hears and answers prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment