Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Scripture Connections

I LOVE it when the Spirit helps me to make a scripture connection. Because believe me – I couldn’t do it on my own!

The connections I made are in bold, color coded.

Doctrine and Covenants 45:56-58:
56. And at that day, when I shall come in my glory, shall the parable be fulfilled which I spake concerning the ten virgins (See Matthew 25:1-13).

57. For they that are wise and have received the truth, and have taken the Holy Spirit as their guide, and have not been deceived – verily I say unto you, they shall not be hewn down and cast into the fire, but shall abide the day.
58. And the earth shall be given unto them for an inheritance; and they shall multiply and wax strong, and their children shall grow up without sin unto salvation.


Doctrine and Covenants 84:45
The Word of God = Truth = Light = Spirit = Jesus Christ (see John 1:1-5).

Doctrine and Covenants 93:36-37, 39=40, 42
36. The Glory of God = Intelligence = Light and Truth

37. Light and Truth forsake the Evil One. (For He is the way the Truth and the Light! see John 14: 6).

39. And that Wicked One cometh and taketh away Light and Truth through disobedience (See Ephesians 2:2). (Disobedience is how Satan deceives us from Light and Truth).
 40. I have commanded you to bring up your children in Light and Truth (See Doctrine and Covenants 68:25).

42. [But if] you have not taught your children Light and Truth, according to the commandments;  . . . that Wicked One hath power, as yet, over you, and this is the cause of our affliction [thus being a foolish virgin, and not a wise virgin].
The one AMAZING scripture connection I made, while discovering all of this, is that the Parable of the Ten Virgins, The Parable of the Talents and The Parable of the Sheep and the Goats - all three found in Matthew 25 - follow the chapter in which the Savior foretells of the calamities that will preced His Second Coming!!!

My thoughts about that for another blog!

1 comment:

  1. How funny that I was studying these same verses. I looked up Children of Light (TG)...Children who take the name of Christ...who make and keep their covenants, and that as a mother, I have the duty to bring up my children in light and truth that we all may be, Children of Light!

    ReplyDelete