Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Book Review - "The Power to Prosper"


I checked out this book because first of all, the title was interesting to me. I don’t know why, because I DON'T like financial books of any kind. But as I was I quickly thumbing through the pages and landed on a whole. entire. chapter. dedicated to TITHING, I decided to take it on home.

Michelle Singletary is an award-winning, nationally syndicated columnist for The Washington Post. She is also a member of the First Baptist Church of Glenarden. The ENTIRE book focuses on finances applying gospel doctrine!

And outside The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it fascinated me and it also brought me great joy in knowing that tithing works in any religion!

Needless to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed (surprise!) reading about how one can prosper when it comes to money! And it does not mean being miserly OR does it mean to be a spendthrift.  I have enjoyed reading the testimonies of those who have worked with the Lord through their money situations and have come out AMAZED what He will do if we are willing to put Him first!

I appreciated how Singletary used all 10 commandments and likened them to our fiscal responsibility between us and God!  Especially how she likened the seventh commandment to finances!

I think what I loved most about this book is that God’s blessings are irrevocably tied to commandments.

Elder Russell M. Nelson said: “If you really want a certain blessing, you’d better find out what the laws are that govern that blessing and then work on becoming obedient to those laws.”

Singletary has captured those laws of finance and has blessed so many in helping them see the blessings tied to obedience!

In addition, and the crux of the whole book, is her invitation to all readers to go on a 21-day financial fast. It is truly an incredible, eye-opening journey!

This book is worth purchasing and putting it in your personal library!

CLICK HERE for Michelle Singletary, The Power to Prosper: 21 Days to Financial Freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment