Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Getting a Tattoo

Yesterday, while at the pool, my 11 year-old son and I were quite aware of the bevy of tattoos that were parading around. So I decided to try on the next question just for size:

"So," I baited nonchalantly, "what would you think if I got myself a tattoo?"

He turned his head funny at me, scrunched up his extremely tanned nose, looked down at me through his spectacles and with only one, swift sweep of his head, gestured in the negative.

"Dude," I justified. "It will be super cool.  Trust me!  My tattoo will say 'Follow the Prophet.'"

That eked a smile out of him for just a second. Then he casually turned his head and demurely replied "Good one Mom, but that wouldn't be following the prophet now, would it?"

Boo-Yah.

1 comment:

  1. Way to try to trick your kids :). He passed with flying colors! Great hair by the way, can't remember if I told you that yet. Yay for short hair!

    ReplyDelete