Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Zion


This afternoon my children posed some really great questions about the resurrection. For instance:

        Will we need to eat after we are resurrected? And what can we eat?
        Will we make mistakes after we are resurrected?
        If we don’t have blood in our bodies, what will we have?

Anyway, the list went on and on.

Some of the questions I was able to answer (such as where did Jesus go when His body was in the tomb).

And other questions I could only answer with a “Wow! I’ve never thought of that before. I don’t know the answer!”

The funniest, however, was when my six year old daughter asked, “Mom, what is Zion?”

To which I responded, “Well, Zion is God’s kingdom on earth.”

She gave me a scrunched up face on that one. So I attempted another explanation. “Zion can also be a place where people live who are of one heart and one mind, and there is no poor among them.”

After a few moments of thought, she looked at me and said, “So what you're saying is that the people have a heart and a mind, but no brains?”

Oh my heavens I laughed so hard.

Umm, I think I need more practice defining the gospel for my younger children!

No comments:

Post a Comment