Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Funny Things

So here are some recent conversations I have had with my children that have made me laugh!  I thought I'd share.

A conversation with my 5 year old daughter -

Daughter: Mom, what are you going to be after you have the baby?

Me: Well, I don't know.  What do you think I should be?

Daughter: Maybe you could be a teacher. . .

Me: A teacher?

Daughter (after a moment of contemplation) : Um, no, I don't want you to be a teacher.

Me: Oh, why not?

Daughter: Because then you'll have to go to work everyday and do it for a long time.

Me: Okay. Not a teacher, then.

Daughter (after a few moments of thinking it over): I know!  You can be a HOUSEKEEPER!

Me: A housekeeper?

Daughter: Yes!  A housekeeper.  You can do all the stuff around the house Dad tells you to do and then we can be in charge of the baby!

?!?

A Conversation with my 4 year old son -

Son: Mom, I'm going to be a football player when I grow up.  What are you going to be when you grow up?

Me: What do you think I should be when I grow up.

Son: A doctor.

Me: A doctor?

Son: A girl doctor!

Me: Okay.  When I grow up I'll be a girl doctor.

Son (thinking it over for a moment): No.  I don't think you can be a girl doctor.  So what do you want to be when you grow up?

Me: How about a grandma?  Yes.  When I grow up I want to be a grandma!

Son (confused): WHAT?!  A grandma?  That means you'll be O-L-D!

Another conversation with my daughter -

Daughter: Mom, tell me what you did when you were my age.

Me:  Well, when I was your age we didn't have the same things you have today.

Daughter: Like what?

Me:  Well, we did have a TV, but we didn't have a VCR or a DVD player, so we couldn't watch movies.  We didn't have video games to play . . .

Daughter:  . . . Or cell phones?

Me: Or cellphones.  We didn't have cell phones.

Daughter: Were you too poor to have those things?

Me: Well, nobody had those things.  In fact, when I was your age, we didn't even have a computer.

Daughter (now in DEEP thought): Mom, did you have clothes?

Para Bing.  Para Bang.

What was said one night before family prayer

As we knelt for prayer, my husband asked if anyone had something that needed to be mentioned in our family prayer.  Some thoughts were given, including the remembering of certain individuals.  During the conversation my husband said something extremely funny, to which one of our twins, who is 11 years old said, "Whoever says the prayer, will you PLEASE remember to bless Dad so that the thing that is currently crushing his brain will get better."

I laughed so hard.

2 comments: