Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Guardian Angel

"When we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day" (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, Ensign, November 2008).
Today I was with my three youngest at Costco. We couldn't have picked a busier time to be there!

The store was teeming with people, cart, and, of course, demonstration people. (Ooh, love those food demos!)

Moments after I turned into the produce section, heaved the 20# of potatoes in my cart and headed for the checkout, I realized I was missing something very important – my 7 year old!

He was nowhere to be seen as I looked around the bigness of this giant Costco Warehouse.

So I quickly did my best to maneuver in and out of people who were going in the opposite direction I was and found a Costco employee whose first language was not English.

Upon my second attempt to explain my concern, a woman appeared behind me and simply said, “Oh, your son is up front. He was lost and he was crying.”

“Were you the one who helped him?” was all I could muster.

She smiled and nodded.

It was all I could do to thank her as I rushed to the front of the store to see a little, seven-year old boy sprint 20 yards with arms wide open and eyes deep-filled with tears.

And as I knelt there, next to a full cart, hugging this little boy that had disappeared for all of five minutes, my heart was filled with gratitude that today, Father in Heaven sent my son a guardian angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment