Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2018

He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light

Earlier this month I woke up with a terrible, awful 10+ headache. Nothing I did took away the pain--not sleep, not darkness, not medication, not even prayer. On top of it all, I still had all my "mom" responsibilities I had to do, which included judging a science fair at the junior high, chauffeuring the children from school to home to work, helping with homework, and attending a junior high basketball game. Even though I tried very hard to be positive and happy, the excruciating pain wouldn't leave me. My head throbbed all day long.

At about 4:30, as I was sitting on the bleachers waiting for the basketball game to begin, squinting my eyes in an attempt to protect myself from the noise and the lights and the commotion, I received a distinct impression. The impression told me that my headache was going to go away. In a matter of a few moments, I could literally feel the tremendous pain that had tortured my head all day gradually dissipate. In a matter of five or so minutes, my headache was gone. My headache was COMPLETELY gone!

So, in my head, I began a little conversation with this impression I had. This impression that told me that I was going to witness my headache leave.

Me: "Why?" Why did it take so long for the pain to go away? I was in so much pain. All day. Why now? Why not sooner when I could have been so much more productive?"

Impression: "Because I wanted you to know that when everything is said and done, it is Me who Heals. It is not the darkness or the sleep or the medication. It is not time or circumstance. It is Me because I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light. I am the Healer. And it is I in Whom you must have faith."

That afternoon, in the middle of a noisy, crowded gymnasium, I learned, through the Spirit that each of us, at different times in our lives, have things that hang over us, burden us, weary us, even torture us. Many times, we feel like that weight is carried for a long time. A longer time than what we desire. Or what we think we are capable of enduring. And in those times, God, in His infinite mercy, places many things and needed people in our way who will and can help us come unto Him.

But in the end, in the very end, it is only in and through Jesus Christ that we are healed. He IS the Way, the Truth, and the Light!

I know that He lives and that He loves us. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment