Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Book of Mormon Reading: Ether 6-11

In my reading today, this particular title of the Savior stood out to me: "Son of Righteousness." (Which, by the way, is found only three times in the scriptures and only in the Book of Mormon).

One way I pondered this titles is that Righteousness is the very personification of our Heavenly Father. One definition of righteousness is "it includes all we call justice, honesty, and virtue, with holy affections; in short, it is true religion."

Thus understanding the true nature of the Godhead is understanding true religion.

Another way I have pondered this title, "Son of Righteousness," is that through obedience to my covenants and by applying the atoning blood of Christ, I, too, can become a daughter of Righteousness. That is why I chose to come to earth--to prove that I want to live His life (which is eternal life) and be with Him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment