Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Book of Mormon Reading: Moroni 10

Today I finished reading the Book of Mormon!!

Did you know that the word "exhort," in some form or another, appears in the Book of Mormon 28 times?

6 of those times span within the book of 1 Nephi.

10 of those times appear in Moroni 10, alone!!
  • I have spoken a few words by way of exhortation unto you:
  • I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men,
  • I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ,
  • I would exhort you that ye deny not the power of God . . .
  •  I exhort you, . . . that ye deny not the gifts of God . . .
  • I would exhort you,  . . . that ye remember that every good gift cometh of Christ.
  • I would exhort you, . . . that ye remember that [God] is the same yesterday, today, and forever, 
  •  I exhort you to remember these things . . .
  •  I would exhort you that ye would come unto Christ . . .

exhort: To incite by words or advice; to animate or urge by arguments to a good deed or to any laudable conduct or course of action.

Perhaps President Nelson does not use the word "exhort," but his does use words such as "urge," "invite," "encourage," and "plead." These words summon me to action.

I love the Book of Mormon!

I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ.

And I know that Jesus Christ is the Redeemer, the Savior of the World.

P.S. Just did a quick search on General Conference talks, and President Nelson used the word "exhort" in THIS TALK and in THIS TALK.

No comments:

Post a Comment