Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Book of Mormon Reading: 3 Nephi 14-20

3 Nephi 17 is one of my most favorites from 3 Nephi.

This morning, I noticed Mormon's careful compilation of this chapter.

1. There is a third person narrative, describing the event.

2. There is a first person invitation, from the Savior Himself, to the Nephites, as He beckons them to come to Him for healing.

3. There is a powerful plural first person witness of 2500 souls, who jointly testify that seeing, hearing, and learning from the Savior is too marvelous and wonderful to capture in any earthly words.

I add my witness to theirs.

I know He heals.

I know He lives.

I know He loves us.


** You can use this chapter to teach the power of the word of God. In a group setting, have one person, who has been assigned before hand to read the chapter, take 1-2 minutes to summarize what happens in 3 Nephi 17. Then, have another person from the group read this chapter word for word. Discuss with group members the difference that was felt in reltaing the story and in reading from the scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment