Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Book of Mormon Reading: 1 Nephi 13-14

In my Book of Mormon readying today, particularly in 1 Nephi 13, I have been pondering the great and marvelous revelations we have been given in the past 10 months through our prophet, President Russell M. Nelson.

I recognized today that it is in this manner that the Savior IS manifesting Himself in word, in power, and in deed.

His purpose? To take away our stumbling blocks.

Or, better said, to take away MY stumbling blocks.

In his "Beware of Pride" talk, President Ezra Taft Benson emphasized, "Pride is the great stumbling block to Zion. I repeat, pride is the great stumbling block to Zion."

How much I want to be a part of Zion! How much I want to be counted among those in His fold! So, I diligently try to strip myself of all pride that interferes from receiving His Holy Spirit and understanding His holy word.

But it's not as easy as I want it to be because of that dang, carnal woman part of me! That part always sets me back when I give into the enticings of the flesh, or heed the the enticings of the devil.

Yet, overcoming pride (that great stumbling block to Zion) IS attainable as I become a saint through the atonement of Christ. Because, as Elder Renlund taught, quoting Nelson Mandela, "A saint is a sinner who keeps on trying."

And as a child of God, I will try, try, try.

No comments:

Post a Comment