Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Book of Mormon Reading: Jacob 6-Words of Mormon

The story of Jacob and Sherem is instructive.

It teaches me that it is inevitable (because of an opposition in all things), that my faith in Jesus Christ, wherever it is currently on the spectrum of low to high, will be tried just as equally by the adversary, in hopes to shake me from my faith.

Like that one leaf, stuck up on on the branch, holding on for dear life while 26 kindergartners shake the trunk of the tree. . . .

Or riding that bucking bronco at the state fair . . .

Or praying for an answer to a question that hasn't come in weeks or months or years.

Jacob has taught me to see that there are people in my life who have had and are having their faith tried. I may not see it. I may not know it because they choose to remain strong and unshakable in the face of opposition.

Like He did for Jacob, God is pouring out His Spirit into their souls so that the power of the Holy Ghost is made manifest in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment