Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Book of Mormon Reading: Jacob 1-4

The writings of Jacob teach me that the word of God is not always about feeling peace and joy and love.

Although His word can and does heal the wounded soul, the harried mind, the heavy heart, His word can also be filled with rebuke, with chastisement, and with wrath for those who have made covenants with Him and have not kept His word.

Sometimes, as a parent, as a teacher, as a friend, as a saint of God, I have to share the word of God with those around me and it isn't always comfortable. Especially, when I am required to invite others to come to Him in a way that may seem too strict or too churchy.

Sometimes, as a parent, as a teacher, as a friend, and as a saint of God, others have to share His word with me and it's not comfortable because they need to chastise me for not doing as He has asked.

But I am learning that "the Spirit speaketh the truth and lieth not. Wherefore, it speaketh of things as they really are, and of things as they really will be; wherefore, these things are manifested unto us plainly, for the salvation of our souls" (Jacob 4:13).

And when I learn to listen to and follow that Spirit in the way that God has intended for me, truly His words that are spoke and received are for the salvation of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment