Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Book of Mormon Reading: 1 Nephi 1-5

I am so very excited to follow President Russell M. Nelson's invitation to the women of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:

"Read the Book of Mormon between now and the end of the year and mark each verse which refers to the Savior . . . Doing so," he promised, "will invite blessings of increased inspiration, revelation and miracles by bringing you closer to the Savior."

I believe the promises made by prophets of God. And even though I was almost finished with the book of Mormon in the Book of Mormon, I started rereading the Book of Mormon all over again.  so I can read it all by December 31.

What I discovered in my first day of readying is that God, very much, wants to be a part of my life. And even though I think He is a part of my life, and I do my best to make Him a part of my life,  there is SO much more I can do to let Him in to play a bigger role in my mortal existence.

When I shared this idea with my sister, she made the observation that Nephi never left the Savior. And because Nephi never left the Savior, the Savior never left Nephi.

I am learning that the more I open my eyes to Christ's goodness, and as I willingly, choose to keep His commandments with full purpose of heart, I invite Him to be with me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment