Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Book of Mormon Reading: 2 Nephi 9-14

If I did my counting correct, during Nephi's vision (1 Nephi 11-14), he refers to Jesus Christ as the Lamb of God 35 times.

In 2 Nephi 9, Jacob refers to the Savior The Holy One of Israel 10 times.

Holy.

The Webster's 1828 dictionary defines holy as applied to the Supreme Being as: "perfectly pure, immaculate and complete in moral character."

What strikes me is that Jacob writes that God is holy even knowing all things and seeing all things. 

This has made me wonder why I even think to myself, "Would I do this if Jesus was watching?" Of course He is watching! Of course He knows what I'm doing! He knows all the rotten things I do, say, and think, and yet, He still stays holy. 

He even watches all the evil and awful things I cannot even fathom, things that have happened, things that are happening, and things that will happen. 

And He is holy. 

Holy, still.

"O how great the holiness of our God! For he knoweth all things, and there is not anything save he knows it" (Jacob 9:20).

No comments:

Post a Comment