Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Lion and the New Year

When the end of each year comes around, I often ponder the signs and the times of the Second Coming.

This year is no different.

This week my husband took me to see the first movie I’ve seen this year: The Chronicles of Narnia – The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Earlier this month as I was studying the different names and titles of the Savior, this title, The Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Revelation 5:5) was fascinating to me.

And after watching the third movie in the series, I finally realized why C.S. Lewis used the majestic lion, Aslan, as his Christ-like figure.

And clued in on how symbolic the words from the hymn "The Spirit of God" when the Lamb and the Lion (we His sheep and the He the Shepherd/Lion) will lie down together without any ire.

May the coming New Year be filled with the recognition of His hand in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. I had never thought of that line in the "Spirit of God" like that. Very intersting and insightful!

    ReplyDelete