Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Super Mario

Sometime ago my oldest son recorded to VHS the Super Mario game he was playing.

The other day I walked into the family room to see my youngest son - with a Wii controller in hand  and no console in the room – pretending to play this pre-recorded video game.

He was so excited to tell me what was going on as he moved with the controllers and bounced with the music.

As I watched him - both he and I knowing full well that he really wasn’t playing the game - I wondered what the angels sometime think of me when I pretend to do things that matter.

Or when I do things that don’t pertain to Him or to my salvation.

Not surprisingly, that same night as I was studying, I found this statement by Bruce R. McConkie:

"There may be those who have special gifts and needs to serve in other fields, but as far as I am concerned, with the knowledge and testimony that I have, there is nothing I can do for the time and season of this mortal probation that is more important than to use all my strength, energy and ability in spreading and perfecting the cause of truth and righteousness, both in the Church and among our Father’s other children."

I guess my observation was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment