Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Instead of . . .

This summer I have foregone the list of things I would like to do.  Ahead of it I have placed the list of things my children would like to do.

So just this week alone:

. . . instead of finishing a quilt - I taught my 12 year old how to sew a button on his shorts.

. . . instead of thinking about starting a personal fitness program – I’ve taken eight kids and a dog to the park, and also weathered six hours (minus the dog) at the outdoor pool.

. . . instead of making chocolate truffles for me to stash and enjoy (fitness program for sure!) - I’ve made granola, peach cobbler, yogurt pies, chocolate pudding and three Costco trips just for the demo foods!

. . . instead of assigning summer homework – I’ve taken children to the library three times this week!

. . . instead of sitting home Wednesday night, we went and enjoyed ourselves at an outdoor wedding reception! It was overflowing with chocolate éclairs, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate and caramel wrapped pretzels, complemented with a very, beautiful bride and a very, happy groom!

. . . and instead of checking off a Saturday to-do list, we attended a baptism, ate until we almost popped, and had our very own private rock concert!  I savored every. delicious. moment. of forever friendships.

Next week I’m going to be all about numbers - including of how many loads of laundry I do in one week!!?!
. . . I'm afraid the number may surprise even me!

No comments:

Post a Comment