Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Duty to God


Currently we have three deacons in our family.

Today one of them woke up with a fever and achy body.

After telling his Dad that he wasn’t feeling well enough to go to Church, my husband asked, “Well, what about your priesthood duties?”

To which our son shrugged his shoulders and responded, “I guess I can’t do them.”

“Well,” I mused, “that means you’ll have to call the deacon’s quorum president to let him know you will not be there today to fulfill your assignments.”

Really?” he winced.

I nodded.

So our son got up, went into the other room, dialed from my cell phone and called our home phone, asking for his older brother - who is currently serving as deacon’s quorum president - and let him know that he would not be at Church today to fulfill his priesthood assignments.

How. Stinking. Cute. Is. That.

3 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous story! You are raising boys who will take their responsibilities seriously. Thank you for the inspiration!
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know which is sweeter, the fact that he called his brother or that he truly realizes the importance of the priesthood responsibility he took by covenant. Elder Marlin Jensen taught our stake today that men need to be a priesthood blessing in the home, not just give them. It must be a huge blessing to have worthy priesthood MEN in your home. I would love your permission to share this story if I'm even inclined to do so. The two of you have a wonderful family that Kristie and I truly miss. Thanks Chad Jex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you, Chad, but I might have been at that same meeting with Marlin Jensen, today. Clinton, by chance? He's a good guy. I think it's great that your son actually thought of even calling him. Funny kids!

    ReplyDelete