Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What Love is . . .

Things I have learned about love, specifically The Love of God, thanks to  President Uchtdorf's Oct 2009 General Conference Talk!
 
The FIRST and GREAT commandment is to: Love the Lord thy God, with all thy HEART, and with all thy SOUL, and with all thy MIND" (Mosiah 2:34).

 
Love ought to be the center in EVERYTHING I do.  Love should be my motivator. It certainly is God's.

 
Love is the healing balm that repairs . . . broken hearts, open wounds, neglected relationships, shattered dreams

 
Love is the bond that unites . . . families, enemies, communities, nations

 
Love is the power that initiates . . . visiting teaching, repentance, obedience, forgiveness

 
Love is the source that overcomes . . . hate, anger, disappointment, loneliness

 
Love is the fire that warms . . . weak testimonies, closed minds, girls' camp, Primary Progams

 
Love is the defining characteristic of a disciple of Christ.

 
God does not need me to love Him.  But oh, how I NEED to love God!

 
What I love = what I seek
What I seek = what I think and what I do
What I think and what I do = Who I am and what I can become

 
Misery = the love of WRONG things (Not necessarily bad things, but wrong things).
Joy = the love of GOOD things

 
God's Divine Love
     TURNS ordinary acts into extraordinary acts of service.
     TRANSPORTS simple words into sacred scripture.
     TRANSFORMS reluctant compliance with God's commandments into blessed dedication and consecration.

 
Questions to ponder:
If love is the measure of my faith: How do I measure up?

 
If love is the inspiration of my obedience:  How obedient am I?  And when I receive inspiration do I "go and do?"

 
If love is the true altitude of my discipleship:  Am I stuck at sea level?

No comments:

Post a Comment