Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bare Skin

The other night our six year old son was going around offering to scratch the backs of each family member with a back scratcher our ten year old got at a school activity.

After doing a great job of scraping the skin off mine, I suggested he go ask if his Dad wanted a back scratch.

"Dad!" he exclaimed, as he dashed to find him. "Dad, can I scratch your back?"

"Sure," my husband replied.

"Well, you'll have to lift up your shirt so I can scratch it on your skin."

Knowing darn well that my husband does not particularly like scratching on skin, I was curious at what the response would be.

"Son," I heard him reply, "How about if you just scratch my back with my shirt down. I really don't like being scratched on my bare skin."

And there was a few second of silence before I heard our son respond with such awe, "Dad, I didn't know you had bear skin!"

1 comment: