Friday, April 18, 2014
This is what happened to me on this Good Friday:
1. I sold a dresser for $40 to two middle-eastern looking and sounding men who made no comment when my eight year old son bid them farewell by saying, "And I hope you both have a Good Friday today!"
2. My nine year old daughter shared this Isaiah scripture with us during family scriptures . . "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all..." and then asked, but what does sheep have to do with the Savior? It made for a sweet discussion.
3. Ordering nine sundaes with nine different toppings while going through the drive through takes a piece of paper and a pencil and a whole lot of repeating.
6. As I read THIS today, I learned that even through the Savior's darkest moments, all glory went to His Father. Which made me ask myself if I am doing the same.
5. My 12 year old son learned the hard way that removing his seatbelt while going through the drive through can lead to both a sore head and a cracked windshield when mom needs to brake abruptly so as not to hit the car who is oblivious to the traffic exiting the drive thru.
4. I'm learning that Good Friday is good because Sunday will come.