Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Comfort Foods

I have comfort foods!

My Winter Comfort Foods
Hot Cocoa made with REAL cream and bittersweet chocolate
Chocolate, vanilla and tapioca puddings
Soups - Ooh, do not get me started!
Hot, out-of-the-oven, homemade bread!

My Summer Comfort Foods
Homemade Ice Cream
Ice-cold, freshly-squeezed lemonade
Anything grilled

My Anytime Comfort Foods
My homemade Fudge Brownies topped with chocolate chips and toasted walnuts
Homemade Chocolate Cheesecake
DR Beans with Brown Rice
Dark Chocolate Chex Mix

My Everytime Comfort Food
Feasting on the Word of God

I know, I know. I HAD to go and include some spiritual thing in my list of comfort foods. But it is true! I don’t know what I would do without my daily scripture study. Seriously.

There are several reasons why.

One being, I need ALL the help I can get! And I figure God's help is the BEST help for me these days!

Secondly, I NEVER come away from my study without having learned something. Something I can change.  Something I didn't know.  Something I need to know.  Something I need to teach.  Or something I just may need in the future.

Third off, I found that feasting on the word of God is the only food I can get fat on and feel so good about it!! Jacob says it as plain as day:
"Come,  . . .every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness (2 Nephi 9:50-51)."
Which leaves me with my Spring and Autumn Comfort Foods: General Conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment