Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Covenant Ministering

Thursday night, as I was pondering President Nelson's prophetic invitation for us to fast this Sunday, I found myself in Mosiah 18.

You know the chapter--where Alma sets forth the covenant of baptism.

I pondered on that covenant each of us has made:

Willing to bear one another's burdens--

Willing to mourn with those who mourn--

Standing as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places.

Then, as I continued to read, I wondered why I had never before connected THE specific blessing that comes with this type of covenant ministering. . .

It is that God "may pour out (pour out!) His Spirit more abundantly upon [me]!"
POUR, To flow; to issue forth in a stream, or continued succession of parts; to move or rush, as a current.
Covenant Ministering allows God to pour out His Spirit

more abundantly

upon me and upon those to whom I minister.
"Verily this is a mission for a season, which I give unto you. Wherefore, labor ye in my vineyard. Call upon the inhabitants of the earth, and bear record, and prepare the way for the commandments and revelations which are to come. Now, behold this is wisdom; whoso readeth, let him understand and receive also; For unto him that receiveth it shall be given more abundantly, even power." D&C 71:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment